This is one of those refreshing and delicious recipes that seems too easy to be true. Not only that, but it’s also extremely healthy – full of protein and fiber! Are you skeptical of lentils? This is a great recipe to change your mind! I promise you won’t be able to avoid going back for a second dip, or fourth.
You mix together a few things from Trader Joe’s and you have an appetizer that will seriously wow the party! It’s also a perfect afternoon snack or light dinner.
Bruschetta and Lentil Dip
- 1 package steamed lentils (refrigerated section of Trader Joe’s)
- 1 container bruschetta sauce (refrigerated section of Trader Joe’s)
- 1 handful chopped basil leaves
- 1 container crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Crackers or pita chips (or cucumber slices)
Mix the lentils, bruschetta, basil, and feta in a bowl until combined. Let the flavors marinate in the fridge for half an hour if you have time. Serve with pita chips or crackers.
*To really step up the health factor, you can eliminate the cheese and substitute the crackers with cucumber slices.